Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cool lamp shades!

 Back in the fall I became obsessed with making lamps shades. I started by surfing the net to see what was out there. I then ventured into as many stores as I could checking out the shades they had. Late one night (this is usually when the creativity bug bites me) I started playing with my wire and a lamp shade was born.  This is when my lovely shades came to life. They are made of wire intertwined with acrylic and glass beads. You should see the shadows they cast. They are funky and fun.



        My first shade was one that could be hung from the ceiling with the cord attached. (It reminds me of the kind of lamp you saw in the 70's. You know ones that people would hang in the corner of a room that had no lights). At my art shows I hung it from the top of my tent. People would come by and say how much they love my chandelier. YEAH!!!! I then started to make shades that could go on any lamp.  I take customs orders, so let me know what style and color I can make for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment